Blog Post

Writings By Community Members

Paying Decision-Makers

Please note that this blog post is based on our own research and should not be considered as advice around benefits or taxation. We encourage people to do their own research and consult with a professional benefit advisor or accountant.

  • The sole trader has to add the £100.00 to their self-assessment tax return and may have to pay tax and national insurance contributions (possibly student loan as well).
  • The person in receipt of benefits informs their benefit advisor, who proceeds to deduct a tapered amount from their next payment, leaving the person only slightly better off

3 Responses

    1. Hi Maveen, thanks for your question. We have quite a few organisations who work like this in the Community. The Disability Rights Fund are one and are happy to chat. If you want an introduction please do drop us an email and we can do an intro – [email protected]


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.